Dental implants offer a comfortable, natural-looking solution to missing teeth.
Missing teeth can have a negative impact on your lifestyle and your self-esteem. You may no longer be able to eat the foods you once enjoyed, and you may be self-conscious about your appearance. Dental implants are a great way to replace missing teeth, offering a strong, durable, natural-looking solution for missing teeth.
Dental implants look, feel and function like your own natural teeth. So you will be able to enjoy all your favourite foods and smile confidently again. Dental implants can be used to replace a single tooth or several teeth or to support partial or complete dentures. You can expect dental implants to last a lifetime and do not require any adhesives to keep them in place.
Contact us to find out more about how we can restore your smile.
Why choose dental implants?
Dental implants offer many benefits over other approaches for replacing missing teeth, including:
- A comfortable, natural-looking solution to missing teeth
- Strong, stable and durable, offering full function
- Restoration of the normal shape of your smile
- A permanent solution to missing teeth
- Reduce speech impediments
- Denture stabilisation
- No reliance on, or damage to, surrounding teeth
- Supports facial structure (addresses the sunken-in look with the lack of teeth)
How do dental implants work?
Each tooth has two parts to it, the root and the crown. Dental implants are used to replace the entire tooth – the root and the crown. A dental implant can be thought of as an artificial root that is locked into the jawbone. Then an artificial crown, bridge or dentures are added to complete the replacement of the missing tooth.
What should I expect when I choose dental implants?
Dental implant treatment can take three to six months from start to finish and typically follows these steps:
- Assessment & Diagnosis – we will perform a full examination of your teeth, including x-rays, to get a clear picture of your dental situation. This allows us to assess the best treatment options and identify the precise position for the implant.
- Implant Surgery – The dental implant is placed into the jawbone during a minor surgical procedure. To ensure your comfort during the procedure, we use anaesthetic or dental sedation techniques.
- Implant Acceptance – Over the next few months, the bone grows around the implant, securing it in place. This process is called osseointegration, and it is vital to ensuring a secure base for your new tooth.
- Implant Restoration – Once the implant has been accepted into the bone, we create your new tooth which is secured into the implant. The crown is specially made to look like your other teeth in size, shape and colour, then your new smile is complete.
We will provide important aftercare instructions to ensure your new tooth stands the test of time and you can enjoy a healthy, long-lasting smile.
Why Azura for dental implants?
At Azura Dental, our team go the extra mile to ensure your comfort. Our highly skilled dentists are experienced in dental implants and all aspects of general and cosmetic dentistry. Each day our mission is to make you eat and smile with confidence!